News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can't join meetings via URL with Safari as default browser
Tags: meetings
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:32am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
dave-graham

If I try to open a meeting link or join via the Meetings site, and Safari is my default browser, it just downloads a new installer instead of joining the meeting. It works fine when I'm using Chrome. This seems to be related to the security issue that was patched in the last update.

I tried clicking on the probable solutions link, but it gives invalid instructions:

• "Allow Plug-ins" may have been an option in prior versions of Safari, but it no longer is.
  • I looked in Websites > Plug-ins, but there is no RingCentral Meetings plug-in. Should I have one?

3 Answers
answered on Jul 25, 2019 at 12:43pm  
Thanks Saadet. I'm doing it manually for now, but it's harder to guide non-technical folks I'm meeting with. 

I really question the decision to locate the RingCentral Meetings app in ~/Library/Application Support/RingCentral Meetings/. The installer does place a shortcut on the desktop, but it's easy to miss since some folks have thousands of items on their desktop. Because it's in a non-standard location, you can't open it via Spotlight or by going to the Applications folder, which is where it should be to begin with.

BTW... I can't even log in to the RC Community with Safari. Having to use Chrome to post this reply. 

Dave

answered on Jul 25, 2019 at 12:31pm  
While it is very likely related the security issue recently patched RingCentral has dropped the ball on and would rather tell us to use a different browser than actually offer a real fix.  As I'm sure you know RingCentral meetings is rebranded Zoom.  The patched Zoom works just fine so why can't RingCentral Meetings.

answered on Jul 25, 2019 at 12:34pm  
Hey all,

We are aware of this issue and working to get it fixed. It does only happen is Safari is listed as your default browser. So until we push the fix out, which should hit the first week of August, you'll have to change your default browser or simply grab the Meeting ID and paste it directly into the RC Meetings app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us