News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Calls forwarded to smart phones often do not ring or cannot be picked up
Tags: ringcentral app
Sep 30, 2019 at 3:08pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
jon-kennedy

We have several groups set up within RingCentral.

All users have calls forwarded to their mobile phones.

Multiple users within these groups report issues with receiving calls.

The following problems occur regularly (at least daily)...

(1) Call does not ring at all on the forwarded smart phone (however the call does show up as a "missed call" in the RingCentral reporting features).

(2) Call rings, but pressing "1" to accept the call does nothing. The call cannot be picked up.

(3) Call rings briefly (one or two rings), despite our sequential settings that rotate the active user every 15 seconds.

We opened a case for this issue 4 days ago.

No one from Ring Central has contacted us, despite the message that we would be contacted in 1 business day.

Chat sessions to Ring Central say "an agent is on the way".

I've abandoned two (2) chat sessions after what I determine to be excessive wait time.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with RingCentral, as our business is taking a hit from the increasing numbers of missed calls and NO help from RingCentral customer support.

Very frustrating!!

6 Answers
answered on Oct 8, 2019 at 12:26pm  
I've been having this same issue since August. I've spent hours with technical support troubleshooting and provided them all the info they need over and over but nothing is fixed. But the most frustrating thing is that the level 2 support people, as well as the supervisors and managers, are rude, unprofessional couldn't care less! I've had it and dialed cancelation just to be routed back to tech support. What the hell is wrong with your call center?

answered on Oct 7, 2019 at 2:24pm  
Why not call the customer and get the details from them?  At least they would get the feeling their concern is being taken somewhat seriously.

answered on Oct 7, 2019 at 3:00pm  
I am having the same issue!  I have wasted so many hours with different reps trying to get this fixed and nothing.  They have tried numerous work arounds.  The latest was to have me download the old app and try using it.  Still did not work.  Any one recommending other phone service besides Ring Central?

answered on Oct 3, 2019 at 8:54am  
Hey Jon, I'm really sorry for this experience! That's super frustrating :( I've sent your case to our Executive Response Team who will be contacting you once they've reviewed the case details :)

answered on Oct 3, 2019 at 8:47am  
It has now been 7 days since we submitted this concern, and no one from Ring Central has contacted us. Since the problem persists, our frustration level is rising.

answered on Sep 30, 2019 at 3:54pm  
Hi Jon, 

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything back from support about your case! I'm taking a look now to make sure it gets addressed. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us