News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Desktop App: HUD not refreshing
Tags: hud
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:37am   •   15 replies  •  0 likes
Safwaan Member

The HUD is not refreshing. It shows people are on calls, when in actual fact the call is finished & they're not on a call any longer. The only resolution I can see is logging out of the app & then logging back

15 Answers
answered on Apr 22, 2020 at 11:46am  
We are experiencing the same issues 4/21/20   Support recommends logging out and back in.  That is only a bandaid.  How do I know I need to log out and back in again unless I specifically know of an instance where HUD didn't update.  I need to be able to rely on the HUD status.

answered on Oct 24, 2019 at 1:43pm  
We are also experiencing this issue.  Is it tied to latest update?  We have tried rolling back client applications to the previous version to try to resolve this. 

answered on Oct 24, 2019 at 7:38am  
We are also experiencing the same issue.  I kill the ring central process and restart the app and it works again for a random amount of time before needing another reset.

answered on Oct 24, 2019 at 4:45am  
Is there any update on this? We are experiencing this same problem at my location. We are in the midst of onboarding a bunch of new agents, and NEED this monitoring capability to work reliably.

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 11:12am  
We have been experiencing this same issue for months now.  I received ridiculous suggestions from Support when we opened a ticket....1) Reinstall -  not always possible during business hours -  2) Delete all members of HUD and then save and then add them back in - Does not work..... waste of time.  3) The only suggestion that worked was to log out of Ring Central and log back in -  it works but only temporarily (especially after this latest update).  This problem makes the HUD unusable.  Ring Central Support acted like this was a novel problem but obviously it is not.... Very frustrating!!!!! 

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:48am  
Hey all, we are currently experiencing an issue with the Presence/HUD feature. You can learn more on our Status Site here: https://status.ringcentral.com/

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:46am  
Was happening on Monday, seemed to work yesterday.  Looks like the issue is back.

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:25am  
I have a case open because we notice this issue last Monday 10-23-2019. Yesterday Tuesday 10-24-2019 was working well but seems it is an issue today. The case 09621824

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:18am  
Did anyone every find a quick solution to this? This is happening in my office now. 

answered on Nov 30, 2018 at 7:56am  
We have had a similar issue. HUD not updating

answered on Nov 1, 2018 at 1:59pm  
Our HUD its broken again. Opened a case # 07848485

answered on Feb 22, 2018 at 9:33am  

Experiencing the same in our office.

answered on Feb 21, 2018 at 6:31am  
Hello Safwaan,

Please open a support case so we can troubleshoot!

answered on Feb 21, 2018 at 9:37am  

My users have complained of the same thing but it isn't consistent so impossible to open a support case and pursue.

answered on Feb 21, 2018 at 6:52am  
We had one known instance of this occurring in our office yesterday as well.  The HUD showed a person was on the phone, but the person was not.  The only way to update the HUD was to log out of the RC for Windows App and log back in.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us