News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Glip App not Ready to Replace RC Phone App
Tags: ringcentral app
Oct 27, 2019 at 1:15pm   •   10 replies  •  0 likes
larry-davis

I have had three customers using the Flip App instead of the phone app and missed calls.

Once i switched them to the Phone Mobile App, calls were not missed.

Now I read that the phone app is going away at the first of the month.

This is not good. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

10 Answers
answered on Oct 31, 2019 at 11:39am  
Agree with Andrew, please do NOT phase out the phone app until you have integrated it into RC app.I'm stunned that this should even need to be mentioned here. You will virtually shut down our service business if you pull the plug.

answered on Oct 31, 2019 at 11:33am  
RingCental.  Please hear your users and don't retire the RC Phone App tomorrow!  The Glip/RingCentral app isn't ready. I don't want to sound negative as I'm all for unification but it simply isn't ready and we are going to have some very frustrated end users/clients tomorrow if you go throw with this as I imagine will be the case with many others.  

answered on Oct 29, 2019 at 7:19am  
Sorry for the confusion, so once the RC Phone App is gone, will the Ring Central app still support the mobile phone function the Phone App provided? We use the phone app for service support of our clients, and it allows me to use it on my personal phone for work, to separate my business side from my real world side, instead of having to carry two phones around.

answered on Oct 29, 2019 at 6:22am  
Hey Chris, I know it can be frustrating to keep tabs on these new changes, but we're here to help! :)

Our customers received emails about the migration to the new mobile app at different times throughout the year - to give people ample time to prepare. So the date you received for one client may have been different for another client. Just like our releases, we communicated the change in sections.

I think some people did get confused about this affecting the desktop app, too. But, again, that's not the case. We're going to finish retiring the RC Phone Mobile app by the end of this year. Next step is to for the Product Team to work on the desktop app next year. 

answered on Oct 29, 2019 at 5:36am  
I just remember getting an email like 6 months ago that the apps were swapping and there was a date and I recall it being rather close so I had to have my account manager call my customer to make sure they were as informed as possible on the switch. I don't remember anything being said about these apps taking time into 2020 to be done. It's become too hard to try and keep up with these timelines and what feel like moving goal posts. I can't keep reading every single newsletter I get from ringcentral about updates and whats new, when more often than not it's telling me how much more money I can make if I sell contact center. It's become too frustrating and tiresome at this point to try and keep up.

answered on Oct 29, 2019 at 5:41am  
The last email i received said it is Nov 1. 1919 !!!!!

answered on Oct 28, 2019 at 9:31am  
Wait...what? The Phone App is going away???

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:30pm  
Hey all, you can read more about this transition here. We're working on the Mobile apps right now and will tackle the desktop apps next year.

answered on Oct 28, 2019 at 8:34am  
I'm in agreement.  Not just from functionality and stability but from UI it just isn't ready or efficient.  Especially for our clients that don't use Glip at all.  Many use different tools like Teams/Slack, etc and I find it difficult to explain to them why the are being made to use their phone amidst all of the other noise in this app.  

RingCentral, please hear us.  We are in favor of the unification process and the direction of it all, but don't take tools away from clients unless the replacements are fully ready and vetted by your core community members.  

answered on Oct 28, 2019 at 6:01am  
I mentioned a couple hiccups with the call handling on apps last week and was informed " it's part of the transition" and that "they've made it known during the process as to when it'll be complete." Soooo be prepared for the keyboard warriors to set you straight. (eye roll)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us