News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Getting calls for old ringcentral account on new account via mobile app
Tags: ringcentral app
Nov 4, 2019 at 8:51am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
carrie-nevarez

I'm in the US. My previous employer had a ringcentral account and I had the mobile app on my iphone with my direct line logged into it.

I left that job and started my own company in April. I deleted the ringcentral app from my iPhone.

I set up a ringcentral account for my new company about a month later and reinstalled the ringcentral app on my iPhone. I also downloaded the windows app on my new laptop. Ever since, I regularly get video chat calls for my old company number even though I'm not logged in to that account on either my laptop or my iPhone.

For instance - this morning, a former co-worker started a video chat with the person who replaced me and another new employee. The video call came through on both my personal iPhone and my new laptop windows app and when I answered it, the person who replaced me also answered. So she and I are both getting notifications when someone calls her number.

My replacement has said that they have removed all references to my personal cell phone number from RingCentral and my Windows App has never been logged into that old account. I don't know how they became linked.

How do I stop this? I am on good terms with my replacement and former employer, so if the changes need to happen on their side, I just need to tell them what to do.

2 Answers
answered on Nov 8, 2019 at 12:12pm  
Hey Carrie, my best guess is that your number is still somewhere on the other account :( BUT Tech Support can look into it and verify if that's the case :) Have you opened a new Support Case yet?

answered on Nov 8, 2019 at 12:02pm  
I haven't.  I'll get with my old employer first and work with them to make sure that my information is removed from all parts of their system.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us