News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Would it be possible to give us the ability to 'flip' a call from a desk phone to the Glip RC Desktop App?
Tags: ringcentral app
Nov 18, 2019 at 3:20pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
workforce

It would be great to have the ability to move (flip) a call from a deskphone to the RC App on a PC. I seem to remember being able to do this with the older RC phone app, as it appeared as a 'soft phone' in the call-flip list, but this does not work in the newer RC desktop app (glip).

4 Answers
answered on Nov 19, 2019 at 9:27am  
Honestly, I'm not sure what's the name of the APP we're supposed to be on or what.  I get the emails telling me to download the updated APP b/c the older version are being retired and merged into one and I attend all the webinars - but it sounds like there are still multiple APPs.  Sorry...

answered on Nov 19, 2019 at 8:33am  
I know the ability to flip back to the PC is present in RC Phone but it's not in the Glip RingCentral App which is what we are using, and hence the question. So it looks like we may need to move back to the older Phone app until the Glip version has caught up in features.

answered on Nov 19, 2019 at 5:30am  
Screen shot

answered on Nov 19, 2019 at 5:28am  
So I have V19.3.4.36528 and a green "switch call to this device" appears on my soft phone; and all I have to do is click on it to move the call from the desk phone to the softphone on my PC.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us