News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Opening on desktop
Tags: ringcentral app
Nov 20, 2019 at 10:58am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
shelby-draehn

When I open RingCentral on my desktop it always opens partially off screen on the top left. This makes it to where I can not reach the title bar of the program to move it. What can I do to fix this?

5 Answers
answered on Nov 20, 2019 at 12:07pm  
Thanks for pitching in, Nicole!

answered on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:05pm  
I have now tried doing all of these things and it is still opening partially off screen on the top left 

answered on Nov 20, 2019 at 12:05pm  
So strange. Before spinning your wheels too much I'd suggest uninstalling it, restart, reinstall it. If that fixes it - great! If not, I found this article with a bunch of different methods:

https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen

answered on Nov 20, 2019 at 11:10am  
Hi Shelby,

Are you using Windows? If so, have RingCentral open and click its icon in the task bar so that it's the active window. Hold down the Windows key and keep tapping the left or right arrow key (while still holding Windows key) until the window cycles around somewhere you can grab it. Drag it somewhere normal (NOT maximized/full screen). Close it. Open it again, it should now remember where you left it.

Let me know if this works out?

answered on Nov 20, 2019 at 11:59am  
Yes I am using Windows. I tried it and then restarted my computer. When I opened the program, it now opened on Toggle Full Screen. When I press that again to get it off, it then goes partially off screen on the top left corner again.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us