News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Cell phone calls dropped when getting a call on RC app
Tags: ringcentral app
Oct 25, 2019 at 7:57am   •   17 replies  •  0 likes
james-jancel11215

Starting yesterday my users will have their cell phone call dropped if they get a call through the RC app. I opened a case with them, but I can't imagine this is isolated just to my users. My current case number is 09661024. I know one user has an iPhone, not sure about the other. If the user is on an RC call and a call comes into the cell phone, the call isn't dropped. If she is on an RC call and another call comes in, she says the first RC call is dropped, but the tech support guy said the call wasn't. I believe the system just didn't think the call was dropped.

17 Answers
answered on Apr 23, 2020 at 7:15am  
This is a 6-month old thread -- tens of thousands of calls have probably dropped due to this issue among RC users and myself (as this occurs to my phone 5+ times daily). When the call is dropped, you can't even call back the number that was incoming because it doesn't appear -- so you just have to pray they call again. Where is the solution! This is hurting my business!

answered on Mar 4, 2020 at 10:38am  
I with that RC would reply with a fix.

answered on Dec 31, 2019 at 7:56am  
I've completed deleted the RingCentral app from my phone.  I no longer am having issues.  Happy New Year. 

answered on Dec 31, 2019 at 7:37am  
If you're still experiencing this, please open a case with support: 

answered on Dec 28, 2019 at 11:57pm  
Still happening on 13.3

answered on Dec 29, 2019 at 3:05am  
Its happening to me too. I had to delete my RingCentral application. Im about to ask for 3 months refund.

answered on Dec 12, 2019 at 3:56pm  
Having the same issue - deleted RC Phone to see if that will work

answered on Dec 12, 2019 at 10:39am  
I am having this issue as well. I only have the RingCentral "R" app. When on a cellular call, the call will be dropped if an RC call comes through. Notably, I do not get any notification that an RC call is coming through. I only figure that out when I get a missed call notification. 

I will be installing iOS 13.3 to see if this makes a difference. 

answered on Dec 11, 2019 at 7:09pm  
over a month ago I deleted the meetings app and only downloaded the Ring Central "R" app.  This did not solve my problem.  I was also on the latest IOS version.  I was dropping calls again yesterday.  If I have a call on the ring app and I receive another call, no problem, but if I have an active call on my cell phone directly, the incoming Ring call kills my active call and drops my incoming call as well and I no longer have either call.  Then I can't call back because they will try to call me again and kill my call again. very frustrating!!!!

answered on Nov 13, 2019 at 9:29am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Active call being dropped when Ring Central call comes in. If I am on a personal call and a call comes in through Ring Central, my calls are getting dropped. an yone having this issue? Is there a fix?

answered on Nov 12, 2019 at 12:26pm  
I'm still having the same issue and I had removed the app/added it back. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

answered on Nov 4, 2019 at 2:06pm  
I have 13.2 and it is doing it to me as well. Sebastian, it is a ring central issue.

answered on Oct 31, 2019 at 7:01am  
James, your app configuration (settings of how your calls reach your cell phone in this case) might not be the same as mine.  I believe it's specifically how we are using the app.  A specific use case/scenario.

answered on Oct 31, 2019 at 6:10am  
I'm on 13.1.2 and haven't experienced the issue.

answered on Oct 30, 2019 at 2:45pm  
While the cause of the RingCentral application making the active cell phone calls drop could be related to ios 13.1.3, it most certainly is not ios 13.1.3 as the reason for the calls dropping.  When i remove the RingCentral (R) app from my iphone my calls no longer drop while receiving another call to my RC number (which rings my desk phone, application, and overflows to my celluar by design).  When the RC app is present my calls drop, my conference calls, everything drops.  When i delete the app from my phone i place the same exact same test calls and my calls dont drop.  This is definitely a RingCentral application problem.  My case # is 09685756

This is a major problem and need this fixed immediately!!!

answered on Oct 26, 2019 at 12:48pm  
Looks to be related to ios 13.1.3.

answered on Oct 26, 2019 at 9:25am  
I am having the same issue on my iphone.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us