News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Video call functionality missing
Tags: video
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:09am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
ian123456
We have a Glip only account (just the messenger and video call service, no number) and recently our video call functionality has disappeared altogether. The button to start a video call has disappeared from both our desktop apps and web applications.

I noticed certain members being added to the administration without their knowledge.

This issue has happened multiple times, and I found that removing those users from administration would fix the problem for a while, after a few days.

I've sent an email to techsupport@ringcentral.com two days ago and have yet to receive a response. I'm unable to submit a ticket as it requires a phone number that we don't have.
2 Answers
answered on Feb 5, 2021 at 12:27am  

@Jessica-Community_Moderator

We have a couple of users who are also experiencing the same issue. The video call icon doesn't show for them. I've had them try it on different computers, on different browsers, and the desktop app. It does show when they use the phone app; however, when they click it they just get a "Cannot initiate video call" message from there.

on Feb 5, 2021 at 7:15am   •  0 likes

Hi @ronald-gomez, please send us the email address list of those users that have this issue. Email us at community.support@ringcentral.com.

answered on Jan 13, 2020 at 11:32am  
Hey Ian, 

It looks like there are quite a few tech cases open under your account, please continue working with our tech support team for a resolution :) 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us