News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
What changed?
Tags: meetings, ringcentral app
Jan 28, 2020 at 11:10am   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
craig123456

What changed? I could not start or join a meeting via URL today until I closed the old desktop app and quit the new app. Very frustrating and had to use a free zoom meeting to deal with a client earlier until I ambled around to a work around.

9 Answers
answered on Jan 29, 2020 at 8:53am  
We have also problems all day long with this type of issue and we reinstalled the application which helped at first. But we are now at the end of the business day. I'll check on that again tomorrow.

answered on Jan 29, 2020 at 2:59pm  
I must be the only Glip only user (no RingCentral account). Something else very odd at the same time the Video/Meeting icon disappeared almost all of my Company Settings under Administration are gone. Compliance export, company settings, allowing guests, etc.. are just disappeared. Something is very wrong with Glip.

I did open a case earlier and haven't heard back yet

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 3:49pm  
@Craig and others, could you please share a screencast or https://www.loom.com/ of the problem you are facing? This would help our investigations. 

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 2:33pm  
We're digging around to investigate. We'll share more information here as it becomes available!

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 12:37pm  
Spontaneous behavior changes are disruptive, and I'm not getting any meaningful answers out of support.

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 3:51pm  
I'm not even able to test at the moment, in both the desktop and web version of Glip the video icon disappeared around maybe 1PM MT or so. Can't even execute a video share/meeting

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 12:39pm  
I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling & reinstalling the RingCentral Meetings app.

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 12:31pm  
Our meetings just all stopped working within the past hour. Now there's no video button at all

answered on Jan 28, 2020 at 11:25am  
Several of our users are having the same problem.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us