News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Simultaneous ring for mobile application, desktop application, and forwarding number
Tags: call forwarding
Jun 22, 2018 at 3:31pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
ndaizeye-espoir

Hi,

I would like to have the mobile application and the desktop application to ring simultaneously with my forwarding number, once they called my main line. Is this feature possible?

Thank you.

NDAIZEYE

2 Answers
answered on Feb 21, 2020 at 5:23pm  
Can we add option to set Ring Group for Desktop/mobile app and desk phone (ring simultaneously) then forward the call to a backup number after certain number of rings then forward to Voicemail if not answered. I know ring group and simultaneous ringing are available however I'm looking forward to exclude a number to ring at a later time.

answered on Jun 22, 2018 at 10:09pm  
Yes, go to users, then the user from the user list that you want this to apply to.  Click call handling and forwarding.

Activate the ways you want to receive calls.  Example:  Desktop and Mobile App, Desktop Phone, etc.  Place the desktop handset last.  Set the ones you want to ring above the desktop handset and select the "ring for" to 0 seconds.  It seems counterintuitive, but this is how I got it to ring everything simultaneously.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us