News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Production API credentials used, but oauth call is done to https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token
Tags: rest api
Oct 3, 2019 at 2:41pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
PCIC Team
Response: StatusCode: 400, ReasonPhrase: 'Bad Request', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers: { Connection: keep-alive X-Application-Context: application:8080 RCRequestId: f653128e-e625-11e9-9732-005056bbcdd9 Pragma: no-cache AceRoutingKey: sjc11-c01-ace11.545acde5-e606-11e9-9962-005056bb6e9b X-HLB-Server: sjc11-c01-hlb11 X-HLB-Connection: 506144065 X-HLB-RequestId: 380d1c46f54662a05742c2a3c947ec0a X-HLB-Upstream-Server: 10.28.21.80:8080 X-HLB-Upstream-Status: 400 Cache-Control: no-store Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 21:37:13 GMT Server: nginx WWW-Authenticate: Bearer realm="RingCentral REST API", error="invalid_grant", error_description="Invalid resource owner credentials" Content-Length: 199 Content-Language: en Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8 } Content: { "error" : "invalid_grant", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "OAU-140", "message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials" } ], "error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials" }
Request: Method: POST, RequestUri: ' https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.FormUrlEncodedContent, Headers: { X-User-Agent: Unknown/0.0.1 RingCentral.Net/2.0.2 Authorization: Basic R1NNVUxRMnhTVGV2RnhaSVFsb0tidzo3WHVwRFY3X1IzeTNPRlBDMWRwRkRBTnFTeWhuOXRTc3lsSnc3RDdtdGJmUQ== Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Length: 79 } Content: <content has been disposed by HttpClient: https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/1794>;
4 Answers
answered on Oct 6, 2020 at 5:29pm  

We have the same issue: cannot login users with the account details configured for production environment. What is the solution for this issue?

answered on Nov 4, 2019 at 4:25am  

Is this a free tier app?

The last thing now I can guess is being a free tier app.

As per my conversation with the backend dev support team was when I was facing similar kind of issues not able to test the app in production.

What they said was free tier app will not be able to test it using our account and any other RC user (paid user) can test the integration app in production.

Now I hope this is not the case with you.

answered on Oct 3, 2019 at 3:26pm  

I see you are using the RingCentral .NET SDK. To authenticate with the production credentials, change the last param to true.

RestClient rcsdk = new RestClient(PROD_CLIENTID, PROD_CLIENTSECRET, true);

answered on Oct 3, 2019 at 3:14pm  

The error seems to reflect that your credentials are wrong. What is the URL you are hitting? Is that dev or prod?

Can you please check with developer support and submit a help ticket with your application client id so that they can check the issue?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us