News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
"Please install the RingCentral audio device" message after Catalina update
Tags: meetings
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:32am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
john-lovell

After updating to Catalina, I keep getting this same message every time I try to share my screen in a meeting. I can't figure out why this is happening. Please advise!

To share your computer audio, please install the RingCentral Meetings audio device. Please restart your audio sharing application, such as the media player, after install to continue sharing computer sound.

6 Answers
answered on Dec 23, 2020 at 5:32am  

I have this problem now with new MacOS update. Please helpscreen-shot-496.png

answered on May 1, 2020 at 9:38am  
Hi Everyone,

I am getting this same error message. I can locate  /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver but cannot locate to copy it to. I also tried entering a meeting from GLIP and that still gave me the error message to install the audio device. Does anyone else have anything that's working for them?

Jen

answered on Mar 18, 2020 at 5:07am  
I need to share a video WITH SOUND in RingCentral Meetings (in a couple of days) and I am getting this same message that I need to install the RingCentral Audio Device. I am just using a MacBook Air with Catalina 10.15.3. Not using RCRoom, just a laptop wanting to share a video in RCMeetings playing video with default Quicktime. When prompted, I type my admin password, but nothing happens and the sound from the video does not get shared - only the video image. PLEASE THIS IS URGENT I NEED TO SHARE AN IMPORTANT VIDEO WITH SOUND VIA RCMEETINGS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. (yes, I am shouting)

answered on Mar 13, 2020 at 10:50pm  
Currently working on this issue as well with a deployment to my users. My users do not have administrator credentials so they cannot get by this screen.

It seems like the audio drivers do not self install, they are located in  /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver which needs to be copied to the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ directory.

We achieved this with the terminal command (note do not have a trailing / at the end of ZoomAudioDevice.driver):
sudo cp -r /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/

If you reboot then everything should work fine.

If you would like to avoid rebooting use the commands:
sudo kill $(ps -eaf | grep "RingC" | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}')
sudo killall coreaudiod

Then open RingCentral Meetings again and you should be good to go.

answered on Feb 12, 2020 at 2:36pm  
Thanks for replying! Once I type in my password, it prompts me to enter the meeting ID - which works but previously - it would often just detect which meeting or room I was in and immediately start sharing my content. Also - nothing really restarts. I'm being prompted with this every time I attempt to share my screen. 

answered on Feb 12, 2020 at 12:55pm  
Hey John, 

What happens when you enter your password to allow the app to restart? 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us