News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Why was the Glip Dashboard hidden?
Tags: ringcentral app
Sep 9, 2019 at 5:18pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
mark-blake

In a recent update the icon for the Dashboard has been moved from the far-left to under the 'more' menu. Moreso the default Glip view is conversations pane.

Why did something think that hiding the Dashboard is a good idea? This matter is even worse because the functionality to send email reminders of forgotten tasks has also been removed.

The Dashboard is the most important part of Glip, its where I need to start every day (and many times a day). I really dont care to have conversations shown to me at all. the notifications work well enough to tell me to read something.

With the Dashboard out of sight its also out of mind, and is not an effective tool for managing my day anymore. Of course I can go look for the dashboard, but thats not the point. When trying to implement new habits with a new system takes some time, hiding the dashboard doesnt help.

Surely if someone else didnt like the Dashboard being the default view, the best solution is to make that an option rather than inconvenience others.

4 Answers
answered on Mar 20, 2020 at 11:45am  
I would like to be able to just click on my Company name to take me to the Dashboard. And additionally be able to customize it to what ever we need.

answered on Sep 12, 2019 at 4:16pm  
thanks for introducing the feature request.  Its interesting that we have  to vote to fix this,     so where was the vote to make hiding the dashboard a feature?

answered on Sep 12, 2019 at 9:26am  
Hey Mark, 

You'll want to vote for this feature request, it's about being able to customize the task bar to have whichever shortcuts you prefer.

answered on Sep 11, 2019 at 7:22am  
The Dashboard is my favoured starting point each day. Each user's preferred 'home' page could be set in Preferences.
This isn't the only problem with recent changes to the UI of the App: see also > https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/the-full-teams-list-can-no-longer-be-accessed

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us