News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Forward calls to another ringcentral Glip user
Tags: call forwarding
Mar 27, 2020 at 10:31am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
samir-phillipson
In the ringcentral portal you can forward calls to other non ringcentral devices such as mobile phones by manually typing the number and forwarding to other ringcentral users, but according to support this only works f or the RC Phone app and you can't forward calls to other users using Glip as their softphone.

Please add a feature to forward calls to other users in Glip

I thought manually typing the number would work because it is just an arbitrary phone number, but if you try to receive the call forwarding in Glip it will never happen. You  have to be using RC Phone instead which is odd that this rule applies if its a ringcentral phone number, but not any other phone number.
on May 6, 2021 at 2:03pm   •  0 likes

What is the status of this issue? @Jessica-Community_Moderator

We are a new customer recently switched to RingCentral, and today I was needing to set this up only to find such a basic tele-function is not supported in the desktop app for well over a year now.

Why would user receiving the call need to install and keep open a separate app just to accomplish this? Who 'okayed' the desktop app for release without support for this functionality?

on Jul 7, 2021 at 10:18am   •  0 likes

Hi Chad,

This is currently available. In the app, navigate to preferences -> phone -> call forwarding.

2021-07-08-01-12-34.png

on Jul 7, 2021 at 10:34am   •  0 likes

Hi Jessica - thank you for your reply, but the feature you depicted/pointed to is different than what is asked in this ticket. The request was to allow one Ringcentral user in the organization to forward their extension to another Ringcentral user.

If I check the Call Forwarding function as shown, the only options I have available are Home, Mobile, Work, and Custom. If I try to choose custom and enter the extension of another user, I get an error that it is an invalid phone number.

I should have an option to enter an extension, or select User and choose from a list of colleagues to whom I would forward calls.

The use case of this being if I'm out of the office, or on vacation, or a staff member is on leave, we want to make sure their calls are still being covered/answered.

on Mar 27, 2020 at 11:12am   •  0 likes
I am currently on the phone with support for this very issue. Seems like such basic functionality.
1 Answer
answered on Mar 31, 2020 at 7:15am  
Our product team is working on ensuring that features of the phone app are available in the unified (Glip) app. While they're working on this, please continue to utilize the phone app. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us