News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
mobile app not ringing
Tags: mobile
Apr 29, 2017 at 1:29pm   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
piz

I've been using ring 4 years with no problem in the US. Recently the app on my verizon iphone 6 doesn't ring on incoming calls consistently. Used to run flawlessly with no problem.

As of about 2 weeks ago incoming calls ring maybe 30% of the time. Reinstalled the app 3-4 times. Rebooted phone 3-4 times. Phone is running ios 10.3.1. App is up to date. On wifi or 3g/4g/lte doesn't matter. Checked all the settings. An employee on att is having a similar problem. Anyone else seeing this behavior? Is there a fix?

We checked the ring settings, notify/ring softphone/apps with 0 delay. Like we've always set it. Nothing has changed. Please help.

9 Answers
answered on Apr 2, 2020 at 10:38am  
For what it is worth, I see this from time to time.  And uninstalling the RC Phone or RC App (new one) and re-installing on the mobile device seems to fix it.  I believe it effectively re-registers that instance/device with RC services.  I have tried other things like logging out and back in, but it only starts working after a re-install.

answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 3:35pm  
+1 Having this issue now. We were presenting the functionality to our associates when this occurred which looked really bad. Desk phone & mobile app set to ring simultaneously, with app set to 0 second ring settings (as advised by RC staff). Desk phone rang, but the mobile app did not.... Had been working all day, none of the settings had been changed for the presentation. Appears the issue is still prevalent a year later.

answered on Apr 18, 2018 at 11:37am  
Ring Groups used to have a selection of each device that the number was on. Now there is only one selection for the number.

answered on Mar 13, 2018 at 2:05am  
But since you can no longer select the mobile app separate to the desktop app, there is no consistancy in answering calls. You selected before in the ring group to have BOTH mobile app and desktop app answer, then both would ring together allowing you the choice to answer. Now there is no such selection and the mobile will only ring when you are not logged into the desktop app.

answered on Mar 13, 2018 at 5:23am  
maybe make sure its not set to answer calls through glip, i noticed when glip started handling phone calls as well i encountered some hiccups.

answered on Mar 13, 2018 at 2:03am  
Under phones and devices in the user, there used to auto list if the user had a mobile app for the number. This is no longer there and therefore you cannot select the user in a ring group, choosing either the phone or the mobile,

I have asked at the helpdesk and the staff at RC dont seem to know it was there before and so do not see the issue.

answered on Mar 13, 2018 at 2:02am  
There is a change, I have also got this problem. The Mobile is no longer listed under devices and phones

answered on May 1, 2017 at 2:54pm  
It looks like the app just had an update and so far the issue is resolved.

answered on May 1, 2017 at 1:53pm  
Hello Piz,

I would suggest opening up a case by clicking the button below:

In your case it would be helpful to provide the following information:

1) A call example

Called number: 
Calling number: 
Date: 
Time and Time Zone: 
What happened:
If using data or on WiFi:

2) How many users are being affected

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us