News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Unable to view Admin Prompts when using RC Meetings to provide remote support
Tags: meetings
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:23am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
brian-caskey

I am an IT remote support Tech. I am trying to use RC Meetings to provide remote support. Remote users do not have local admin rights on their PC's. The remote user is able to share their screen and I am able to take control of their mouse. If I try to make any change that

requires admin credentials, the prompt will pop up on the remote users screen asking for those

credentials. I as the remote support can't see those prompts because they are hidden from me. How can I provide support when I can't enter in the admin credentials when required? Why is this hidden from me? I can't very well provide admin credentials to the remote user.

4 Answers
answered on Dec 4, 2020 at 7:08am  

Is there a way to enable/disable that option via the command line (or regedit)?

answered on Apr 16, 2020 at 6:45am  
Hi Brian, in the RC meetings app for every user, you have to check the box "Enable the remote control of all applications". Unfortunately, this will require admin rights to make the change, so it must be done while you have admin access to the system. We enable this setting by default when setting up each user profile. Wish that it was "on" by default instead of "off".
-David

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:45pm  
I'm just an end user like yourself. You may have to contact RC support for other options.

answered on Apr 16, 2020 at 6:36am  
We push out the RC Meeting app using Group Policy.  Is there a way that I can have this option set without me physically having to go to every PC and enable it?  What about support I provide to those that do not have RC Meetings installed?  For instance, I send out an RC Meeting link and a remote user clicks the link which triggers RC Meetings to download and install.  I can't fully provide support because that option is not checked by default?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us