News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
vvx411 doesn't pickup call when handset lifted
Tags: hardware
May 10, 2020 at 5:29am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
mpenn

Account is U.S

software version UC Software Version 5.6.0.20009

Updater Version 5.8.0.24992

Phones are Polycom vvx411

When a call comes in and we lift the handset, or press speaker phone, it goes to new line and dial tone to allow an outbound call.

It does not pick up the incoming call like it is supposed to.

There is an option in the action buttons to "pick up" the call. But I need it to just pick up the incoming call when the handset is lifted.

This started when we ported our real numbers over.

When we first started setting up and testing and had the temporary numbers it worked fine and would pick up calls when handset was lifted.

I have researched and the one thing I have found, but cannot find an entry for in the config files (via the phone web interface), is reference to call.autoOffHook.1.enabled="1" - this was referenced from the polycom community in a 2014 post.

I have contacted RC support, they say all settings are correct and cannot figure out why it won't pick up the call when the handset is lifted.

We also have Yealink W60P / 56 Cordless Phones and they will pickup the call when it comes in as it should.

Thank you

Michael

1 Answer
answered on May 16, 2020 at 1:35am  
<SOLVED> Something got gummed up while provisioning to the real numbers, RC support suggested resetting to factory defaults on the phones and reprovisiong the phones.  Seems to have worked.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us