News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Message number indicator (red dot with a 1) will not go away even if all message are read
Tags: ringcentral app
Jul 8, 2019 at 9:36am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
bart

Using Glip v 19.05.2 (E. 2.0.14) Build 958. When I receive a message, the red indicator will appear on the taskbar icon. Once read it should go away. It usually did, but now, it will not go away no matter what I do. I have rebooted, checked my groups/users for any pending messages and nothing. It still keeps coming back. Now I can't tell if I have a valid new message or if it is the phantom message. Please help!

5 Answers
answered on May 20, 2020 at 3:07pm  
I experienced this recently - I opened the RC messaging app on my phone and it showed me the "unread" message there even though it wasn't showing on my desktop app.  I viewed the message on my phone and the unread indicator disappeared from the desktop app.  Good luck!

answered on Jul 9, 2019 at 1:44pm  
This is a known issue, especially with Apple products. Our product team is aware of what is happening and it is on their radar to fix! 

answered on Jul 9, 2019 at 6:31am  
It finally went away after several days.  Looked to be the phone indicator because it now has a (1) next to phone, clicked on it, and several seconds later the red dot disappeared.  Glip says it updated but it still has the same version numbers as above.  Who knows....???

answered on Jul 9, 2019 at 1:42pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why do I have a red dot with the number 2 on my desktop taskbar icon when I don't.... Why do I have a red dot with the number 2 on my desktop taskbar icon when I don't have any unread Glip messages or missed calls? I have tried logging out and restarting the Glip application and it is cleared, but as soon as new messages start coming in, the red 2 appears again. Can anyone help with this?

answered on Jul 9, 2019 at 12:23pm  
My new calls are ALWAYS being tripped. As someone who likes no new message notifications, this drives me CRAZY!! The best way I found to make it go away is to go to the phone "team," and click back and forth between the call and voicemail tabs. This may (and I mean may) make it go away temporarily. It will likely come back. This is infuriating to me.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us