News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Chrome extension no longer able to create new RingCentral Meeting from Google Calendar event.
Tags: meetings
May 20, 2020 at 6:18am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
trevor-m

The Chrome extension used to work wonderfully for creating new RingCentral Meetings from right within Google Calendar, but as of late last week, the option to create a new meeting has simply disappeared - I now only have the option to "Add Google Meet video conferencing".

I opened a case with RingCentral support (10754179), and was told that this was a result of a recent update on their end, but was told to post something here as well.

I'm running Chrome version 83.0.4103.61, RingCentral Meetings version 19.4.152079.0420, and the RingCentral Chrome extension version 4.2.10 (all the most up-to-date versions that are available to me).

Software updates, removing and re-adding the extension, refreshing pages, etc. don't do the trick.

3 Answers
answered on Jun 3, 2020 at 2:11pm  
Hi, any updates on this feature being restored? Yes there are work arounds. Although from a functionality stand point, I want my paying users to see the the RC option in their calendars. Users shouldn't have to click out into another app to do schedule a RC Meeting. From a visibility standpoint, you are driving your users to another solution instead of your own by not resolving this. 

answered on May 20, 2020 at 11:03am  
Thanks for bringing up this issue and thanks RC for the clarity on the fix.  Foundational feature from a usability stand point, will also try the work around.

answered on May 20, 2020 at 6:34am  
Hi Trevor, I posted similar earlier today. - https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/ring-central-integration-with-google-calendar-unable-to-select-ringcentral-in-videoconferencing-options - RC support are working on a fix to this issue which has resulted they think following a change made by Google. I will try to get an estimated fix time and share here later.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us