News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Office 365 Outlook Plugin (web based) Not Working?
Tags: o365
Jun 22, 2020 at 9:39am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
james-bradd

Our users are running into issues with the Office 365 plugin (the web based one, distributed through the "get add-in's" section in Office 365). We deploy this to all of our mac users as the installed plugin stopped working when Mojave was deployed. We can sign in just fine, make meeting choices but after hitting "Add RingCentral Meeting" it just spins and never transfers the invite in. This happens both from the Outlook client as well as outlook.office365.com

Is anyone else running into this? We're not seeing problems with the installed Outlook add-on, just the Office 365 store based plugin.

Thank you!

6 Answers
answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 10:11am  
This is happening again to our users.

answered on Jun 29, 2020 at 5:32am  
Go figure. No updates to our case, but scheduling meetings by both the Outlook add-in and GLIP are both working this morning. Anyone else seeing the same?

answered on Jun 26, 2020 at 8:18am  
This issue is also impacting our pilot group testing the add-in.  It seemed to have started around the time the RC Meet legacy app was updated to the newer Zoom-style UI.

answered on Jun 26, 2020 at 8:26am  
I know personally it broke after I updated my Ring Central Meetings application to newer version. This seems to have broken my ability to generate a new meeting in GLIP and the Outlook Add-in. GLIP crashes and the Outlook Add-in never adds the meeting details to the invite.

We opened a case and Ring came back and said they CAN reproduce the issue, filed a bug, but did not have an ETA for a fix.

answered on Jun 23, 2020 at 3:43pm  
Same issue since yesterday. We've deployed it to both Windows and Mac machines. When discussing it with a service rep we were told it was a known issue, but we're still awaiting a resolution.

answered on Jun 22, 2020 at 11:12am  
We are having this same issue company-wide and we use Windows machines. We have a ticket open and have escalated it to our TAM. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us