News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Glip Error: Too Many Requests Recently Sent. Try Again Later.
Tags: ringcentral app
Jun 24, 2020 at 1:59am   •   15 replies  •  0 likes
Alex Dyer

Some of our users are getting the error message 'Too Many Requests Recently Sent. Try Again Later.' at the top of their Glip.

Currently it seems to be about half of our users seeing this.

What does this relate to, and how can we resolve this?

15 Answers
answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 12:40pm  
Aye, the individual function apps (RC Phone, RC Meetings, Glip) continue to serve their purposes.  But as the RC (unified) app is meant to replace these, the features that *have* been implemented should work.

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 12:29pm  
I reloaded the Ring Central Meetings app and using the older version it works just fine.  My recommendation to everyone having problems is to stop using the RC Classic app.  

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 8:35am  
I was referring to the Classic RC app in comparison to the standalone Phone and Meeting apps.  We're very new to RC. My frame of reference is limited by that. My impression was the Classic app is a relatively recent thing, with a newer version just now coming online since we joined a few months ago.  Neither of them meet our expectations at this point.

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 8:29am  
It's not a "new" unified app problem -- same issue happened in the Classic RC app.  It's a platform problem.

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 10:05am  
I'm having the same issue with the RC Classic app

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 8:21am  
Kevin, you are so correct that it doesn't make sense. This issue (too many requests) keeps popping up with our users as well.  It's sporadic, but a pain when it happens. We had all users download the standalone RC Meeting apps onto their desktops and phones. And, we had them download the standalone RC Phone to desktops and phones because the new unified app just is not ready for prime time yet. It lacks features and functions of the older apps. It has been a disappointment to us on a number of fronts. Fingers are crossed that RC is listening and working on it.

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 8:09am  
I've been late to the last (3) meetings I've schedule because of this problem and can not seem to find a solution.  Has anyone been able to find a work around?

answered on Jul 10, 2020 at 6:40am  
I have a user using classic app that is having the same issue,  it doesn't seem to be agency wide.  Any update on the status?

answered on Jul 9, 2020 at 11:14am  
Same now.

answered on Jul 9, 2020 at 6:54am  
I also had a user who was getting the same error when trying to use the classic RingCentral app and the new RingCentral App

answered on Jun 24, 2020 at 8:53am  
Using the Classic desktop app here. I've been in contact with support this morning.  Also, the Service Status dashboard indicates this is a known issue for the classic version. I uninstalled and reinstalled the classic app, but the error persists. We're able to use the standalone desktop Meetings app without this problem.

answered on Jun 24, 2020 at 7:56am  
Thank you for letting us know. I will check on our end if there's any problem with it at this time.

answered on Jun 24, 2020 at 7:54am  
Hi Mary,
Our users were accessing Glip through a web browser, switching to Classic seems to have removed the error message.
Can you please confirm what it relates to so we can be in a more informed position if it appears again?
Thanks,
Alex

answered on Jun 24, 2020 at 7:48am  
Hi All,

Are you using the new RingCentral app or the classic one?

answered on Jun 24, 2020 at 5:43am  
Our users also are getting this error message. Very upset employees worried about holding their scheduled meetings this morning.  What's going on RingCentral?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us