News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Unable to Start / Join / Schedule Meeting in GLIP
Tags: meetings
Jul 14, 2020 at 9:00am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
matt-szoke

A seemingly random collection of our users are having problems starting meetings, joining them, and even scheduling from the new GLIP app. A red warning box appears and says that something happened on the RingCentral side. Is anyone else having this problem?

5 Answers
answered on Jul 14, 2020 at 12:56pm  
Hi Everyone,

I got an update on this from RingCentral App Product Team. According to them, this issue should have been fixed on the new version. Please try to uninstall/reinstall your app to upgrade to the latest version.

answered on Jul 14, 2020 at 10:06am  
Hi Everyone,

I have raised this concern to our Product Team and said that this has something to do with the current API. They are currently communicating with Zoom about this. The recommendation is instead of trying many times to schedule a meeting on the RingCentral App, schedule it directly on RingCentral Meetings App.

answered on Jul 14, 2020 at 12:27pm  
This is happening to me in Ring Central Classic as well. First a spinning progress wheel and then error. So I manually start a meeting in RC meetings and paste the invite link into Glip which seems to work.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:53pm  
Does this apply to Ring Central Classic? I already have the latest version of that installed.

answered on Jul 14, 2020 at 9:03am  
I received the same error once or twice trying to schedule the meeting.  I attempted to schedule the meeting a few more times and eventually made it past the error.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us