News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring Central Webinar & Zoom Conflict Bug
Tags: webinars
Sep 17, 2020 at 6:15am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
adam-witek

I believe I've found a major bug in Ring Central Webinar when connecting with an iPhone. Here are the steps to reproduce...

1. Make sure you have both Ring Central Meetings and the Zoom App installed on your iPhone.

2. Build a new webinar that doesn't require registration. Copy the Hyperlink so you can join the webinar from your iphone.

3. Start the webinar and try to use the link on your iPhone. It opens the FREAKING Zoom app instead of the Ring Central app and gives an error code.

-This isn't a problem for Webinars where the attendees need to register ahead of time.

-When I remove the Zoom app it works fine and opens Ring Central like it should.

2 Answers
answered on Sep 28, 2020 at 5:52am  

Thank you for the response.

The reason this wouldn't be a viable solution for me is that I can't control how my attendees "store" my webinar link. There's no way to force them to use the calendar.

answered on Sep 23, 2020 at 1:42pm  

Hi @adam-witek,

This is a known conflict. Another workaround to consider is synching all your meetings via your calendar (Outlook or Google) in the RingCentral app. If you join the webinar from the link in your calendar on the app, it will default to opening with the RingCentral app and not Zoom.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us