News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Where does my Fax Message Transmission Result go?
Tags: fax
Oct 23, 2020 at 1:00pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Norm Cutler

We're in the process of getting ready to roll out the fax function of RingCentral, starting with outbound faxing first [baby steps!]. While testing and fiddling with how we wanted it to look and feel, I would send test faxes, and then receive a Fax Message Transmission Result to my own email. So far, so good. I then finalized the configuration [I thought] and assigned the various fax lines their own email addresses. I also added user email addresses to each fax line [department-based] in preparation for their use. Now when I send a fax, the Transmission Result email is only going to the email address associated with the fax line, and not the actual sender [in this case, me]. Is there a way to change this? If you have 50 people associated with a given fax line, I don't want to necessarily have to give them all access to that email account. Or am I stuck? Suggestions certainly welcome!

1 Answer
answered on Oct 23, 2020 at 2:01pm  

Hey @Norm Cutler! Thanks for posting this question. You have to check the "message and notification" if that would be the email you use for "user details." It has to be the same; click HERE to view the steps on how you can configure it. Thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us