News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to enable A2PSMS permission?
Tags: rest api
Nov 10, 2020 at 6:52am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Keith Brown

I want to use High Volume SMS. We have been told that our phone number is enabled for this. However, when I try to use it from the endpoint explorer (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/High-Volume-SMS/createA2PSMS) I always get this error:

{

"errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [A2PSMS] permission",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-401",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [A2PSMS] permission",

"permissionName" : "A2PSMS"

} ],

"permissionName" : "A2PSMS"

}

I don't see anywhere I can enable A2PSMS permission either on an existing app or in the flow to create a new app. How can I get this permission enabled? At this point I'm convinced it is something that RingCentral admins need to configure for my app.

I have tried emailing Dev Support but have had no responses for days.

1 Answer
answered on Nov 10, 2020 at 7:51am  

The A2PSMS app permission is currently not available in the public domain. Right now, we handle this via customer request. Basically, when you request for an A2P SMS number provision using this form, we ask you to provide the app client id so we can add the permission to your app. If you already have the number or you want to create a new app, just send the app client id and your account id (or account main company number) through a support ticket to request support.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us