News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Not able to delete Users from the sandbox environment
Tags: developer sandbox
Nov 10, 2020 at 10:42am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Alexandre Beauclair

I'm currently trying to delete users I'm using for testing purposes in order to be able to run more tests on my Sandbox environment.
I have disabled the desired user first, as is required to have the Delete option be available, but am not able to delete it.

- I have tried using the tickbox next to the User's name and clicking Delete in the top ribbon. I get the pop-up warning about deleting users and how it cannot be undone. I proceed and see "Bulk Operation in Progress" going, and then finish without any further notices or errors, but the user is not deleted.

- I have also tried using the three dots on the right-hand side of the user and clicking Delete. Similarly, I have the "Are you sure you want to delete the selected user" warning message. When I click on Delete, I get an error message with "We are sorry. Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later.".

I initially thought it might have been a temporary issue, as was mentioned in another Question on these forum last year, but it's been three days and I still cannot delete that user.
I have tried from 2 different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) just in case, and the results were the same.

My user is Super Admin on the Sandbox environment, so I don't believe it would be a permission issue either.

What else can I try? Thanks!

2 Answers
answered on Apr 1, 2021 at 12:38am  

Same problem here too for weeks. We need the ability to add/remove users constantly since our business cases include user removal and addition. Our Sandbox main number is +13127549364 and for starters we'd like to remove user with extension 103.

Please let us know when this issue is resolved once and for all.

answered on Nov 10, 2020 at 11:02am  

What is your sandbox main company number?

on Nov 10, 2020 at 11:10am   •  0 likes

Hi Phong,

The number is "12897191086".

Thanks!

on Nov 10, 2020 at 11:50am   •  0 likes

Is the user extension number 103 the one you want to delete?

on Nov 10, 2020 at 11:57am   •  0 likes

It is!
Although I'm guessing it doable from your side, is there a way I can delete future users myself? Or is it working as intended to have to open a ticket for any user deletion in Sandbox?

on Nov 23, 2020 at 11:09am   •  0 likes

Hi Phong,

Any news regarding this issue?
I have also attempted connecting to the Sandbox admin portal today, only to be hit by "Page not found. Please, contact customer support. "
I did not attempt to connect since I last wrote on this issue, did anything change?

Thanks again!

on Nov 24, 2020 at 8:13am   •  0 likes

There is some internal issue in the last 2 days. They are fixing it right now and hopefully you will be able to access soon. For the original problem, I have not heard back from the eng. team yet. Pls stay tuned.

on Nov 16, 2020 at 11:13am   •  0 likes

To be able to completely test the app, I'll need to be able to create/delete users at will, so I'll have to wait for the support engineer to fix it.
For me the moment I can still run a test or two if you would be so kind as to delete the 2 users with extensions 103 and 104 please!

on Nov 17, 2020 at 10:05am   •  0 likes

103 and 104 were deleted. Will continue to investigate your sandbox account to make sure you can do it yourself in the future.

on Nov 10, 2020 at 12:04pm   •  1 likes

Don't worry, I don't use power tool to delete it. I can login your sandbox as an admin the same way you login with an admin.

However, I try to delete and got the same warning and error message as you did.

Let me investigate more and let you know.

on Nov 16, 2020 at 6:27am   •  0 likes

Hi Phong,
Were you able to find out more about this issue?
If this looks like a freak accident would it be easier to just nuke the sandbox environment and create/attribute me with a new one? The only "special" thing about the current one is that I had to ask to add the EditAccounts permission to the app, the rest is easily done on my end.
Thanks!

on Nov 16, 2020 at 8:40am   •  0 likes

I don't know what is special or wrong with your sandbox that we cannot delete a user. A dev support engineer is investigating it. Meanwhile, let me know if you want me to delete a user (name of the user) using our admin tools so you can move on to test your app. Once the problem is resolved you will be able to delete it yourself.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us