News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
After Hours On-Call Rotation
Tags: on-call after hours, after hours call queue
Nov 4, 2020 at 2:54pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Scott Walker

We have a group of staff that rotate on-call duties. In the past they would setup IVR to allow customers to contact on-call in an emergency and that would ring to a cell phone they manually rotated amongst each other. I am trying to assemble a solution that would allow them to use their personal cell phones and easily sign in or out of the "after hours call queue" as needed (i.e. when they are on call they would sign in). Has anyone tackled this and come up with a simple user friendly solution?

I am planning to use call queue and then train them to use the "Do not accept call queue calls" option in the user portal. But that is not exactly user friendly. In the old days we had third party apps we would use that plugged into your PBX to allow people to sign in and out of the after hours on-call via a simple web page or by dialing in and following voice prompts.

Thanks for brainstorming with me!

1 Answer
answered on Nov 17, 2020 at 8:03am  

Hello @Scott Walker, apologies! We only have the option of changing the status from "Do not accept call queue calls" in the meantime. I would highly suggest posting your idea HERE, and we'll share this with our Product Manager. Thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us