News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS Delivery Report and data retention
Tags: rest api
Nov 18, 2020 at 11:06am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Bob Mulvey

We are considering RC for SMS delivery and are now sending about 10% of volume as a test. We are using an A2P 10DLC number for SMS.

Prior providers presented lots of reporting that allowed us to see delivery detail from their databases. It would appear that you simply show a couple graphs, and no detail. While I know I can query based on Message ID and store result in a repository that I own, I do not really want to this, nor do I think I should need to (doing so is really duplicating the data, which should not be necessary). However, it comes down to a few things :

1. Am I missing report details available from the platform, can I get this detail report from your system without going through the API?

2. Does the API allow me to get delivery detail based on date/time range (without Message ID)?

3. What is your data retention policy for this data?

1 Answer
answered on Nov 18, 2020 at 11:55am  

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your interest in using the RingCentral High Volume SMS service. See me answer below:

1. Am I missing report details available from the platform, can I get this detail report from your system without going through the API?

A. Right now, the High Volume SMS program is still in beta stage, so RingCentral does not have build in service for sending High Volume SMS nor a service to list and download High Volume SMS report yet. I am sure that these will be available later when the service will go GA. And at least, the report download feature will be integrated to the Service Web as you could use for the Call Log report.

2. Does the API allow me to get delivery detail based on date/time range (without Message ID)?

A. The first version of the High Volume SMS message store does not support much in query filter. But the next release will support dateFrom and dateTo, toNumber and fromNumber as well as the Simple/Detailed view mode to return also the text message or not in the response. The next release will be available very soon.

3. What is your data retention policy for this data?

A. When it comes to data retention policy, I believe that it will not be different from the normal P2P SMS messaging policy which you can find more detailed from here.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us