News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Erroneous IVR Transfers
Tags: multi-level ivr
Dec 3, 2020 at 3:39pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Todd Bandauski

We have a multi-level IVR setup and found that customers are memorizing the pattern, i.e. Option 5, Option 2, so when they call back, they quickly dial 52. The IVR is interpreting this as extension 52 which we have setup to transfer offnet. My request would be to limit the callers ability to entering digits only available within the IVR menu unless and provide a specific prompt to transfer to an extension. i.e. "If you know your parties extension press 9, then from that menu enter multi-digits.

2 Answers
answered on Dec 4, 2020 at 8:17am  

Thank you Phong for your quick reply. Appreciate you thinking outside the box.

Where would I go within the portal to make the "offnet" change you mentioned above?

on Dec 8, 2020 at 7:27am   •  0 likes

Hi Todd,

My bad, I double check and found that there is no way to add keypress with 2 or more digits. What I thought was actually with the # sign but that is not solving your problem.

answered on Dec 3, 2020 at 3:56pm  

I don't see any way to force your customers to dial only available options 1, 2 or 3 etc.

The only way for you to avoid this is, perhaps, change the "offnet" set to take longer number, e.g. > 100.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us