News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Holiday rule
Tags: holiday rule
Dec 24, 2020 at 6:42am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Kathy Long

I have set up my holiday rule. I have recorded my holiday greeting. In order to assign the greeting now and not when the times kick in and kick off, is to set up a "message only extension"? But that means a caller can't get to staff's VM they all then get dumped into this message only extension? Then someone has to manage that. Any other options?

2 Answers
answered on Dec 24, 2020 at 7:12am  

Hi Kathy,

Why not set up a CUSTOM RULE to only have your message active during the time it is needed? Or, you can set up an IVR, which allows the caller to PRESS a number to search by directory? I use the CUSTOM RULE for each holiday and when our office has reduced hours.

on Dec 24, 2020 at 7:23am   •  0 likes

We do have IVR active. And I did set up a custom rule. And I set it up to "Play Company Greeting" not go to an extension. And if I go into my IVR Menus, choose my Daytime 1001, then go into Prompts, and chose the holiday greeting now, it'll play now won't it? For Thanksgiving I went in at the time our office closed and chose the holiday greeting. Not sure what I'm missing. And thank you for answering me.

answered on Dec 24, 2020 at 7:10am  

Hi Kathy,

Why not create a CUSTOM RULE that will be active only during the hours that you need it? I do this for every holiday that my office is closed or has reduced hours.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us