News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Have RingCentral place a call to a number when a new Voicemail is left?
Tags: notifications
Dec 29, 2020 at 9:43am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Community Living On Call

Is this possible? I have Notifications set to text the person that a new Voicemail has been left, and it also sends an email with a copy of the recording, however this is for a 24/7 on-call line and sometimes the person is sleeping. An email or text notification won't wake them but a call would.

If RingCentral could place an automatic call to them this system would work perfectly for us! We need the person calling to leave a message first for documentation and tracking purposes, which is why we are trying to go this route instead of having the call go directly through to the person.

Thanks!

3 Answers
answered on Apr 15, 2021 at 11:42pm  

Wendy,

This is very much a feature we are looking for as well. I understand the idea behind forwarding the phone. That goes down a path where the call can be answered by the on-call persons voicemail. And calls can be missed.

We came from an environment that had phone notification for voicemail messages. If a message was left it would call the number and attempt to deliver the message. If the message was still unanswered after say 5 min it would try again. It would repeat this process x number of times. If we so wanted we could also add a backup on-call person so it would try that new number x number of times. If at any time that message was heard (read) then notifications would stop.

I do see the SMS / Fax API allows you query voicemail messages and there is a field "totalElements": 1 this is for the 1 new message in my mailbox. I am not really a coder and but sure someone here might know of a way to build an application that could perform this query. When there is an element do a RingOut maybe to an announcement only extension notifying there is an On-Call voicemail message. And just repeat that query every 5 - 10 min.

If you have found another solution please let me know I would be interested. I will continue to find a solution. If I do, I'll try to remember to let you know.

Pete

on Aug 28, 2023 at 10:20am   •  0 likes

Hi Pete, I know this is quote old. However, have you found a RingCentral feature that allows this by any chance?

answered on Dec 29, 2020 at 9:51am  

Good afternoon,

I see your dilemma. Why not have the number forward to their MOBILE Phone? The caller won't know that number (we prefer to keep the direct lines and mobile numbers private) but it would accomplish your challenge of getting the attention of the associate on-call.

on Dec 29, 2020 at 9:59am   •  0 likes

We need the Voicemail as documentation.

Maybe there a way to then ring through to a phone after the voicemail is left?

answered on Dec 29, 2020 at 10:26am  

Hi @Community Living On Call

This feature is not available. You can submit a feature request HERE! Thank you.

answered on Dec 29, 2020 at 9:58am  

We need the Voicemail as documentation.

Maybe there a way to then ring through to a phone after the voicemail is left?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us