News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How get billing issues addressed? AutoRenew broken?
Tags: billing, autorenew
Dec 7, 2020 at 8:32am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Douglas Carl

My bank indicated my charge from RingCentral was possibly fraudulent. It turns out RingCentral has way over-billed me. Again. It looks like RingCentral moved us into their highest tier plan during AutoRenew. I cannot get access to a live person via their contact prompts at the support number, cannot get a message returned, and have my call dropped after waiting over half an hour on hold. This is during stated hours though it doesn't seem to matter what time I attempt to reach them, the result is the same. Does anyone have a better way to have billing issues corrected?

Plan shifting within AutoRenew has happened more than once since we signed up most of 10 years ago. In the past they had "eliminated" our low volume plan and moved us up to something more expensive. Our fees on the same low volume usage are now up about six fold and this amortizes out to twenty five dollars per call, which is obviously unacceptable. Previously, with enough persistence RingCentral would walk back some of the increase. The pressing problem now is, even if we're willing to go through these hoops to mitigate this again, we cannot get anyone to respond. This has been a pattern for us and is becoming harder to see as an isolated mistake; is anyone else experiencing this up-sell problem with their AutoRenew?

on Jan 12, 2021 at 6:34am   •  0 likes

I don't know that you can. In prior years when I was over-charged, with effort I could eventually get in touch with billing and then they would correct, or at least lessen, the charges. Like you, I called a number of times and not being able to reach anyone, I left a message in the appropriate voice box. That was 6 weeks ago. The only response I’ve received has been on this forum, and I re-sent my credentials as suggested, but clearly there is no priority put on service.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 7:03am   •  0 likes

@Douglas Carl I do not see any cases open for your issue.
I would recommend opening a case via the support page so that someone can reach out to you regarding your issue.
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/new-case?language=en_US

on Jan 12, 2021 at 8:04am   •  0 likes

I've created a new case, we'll see how that goes.

on Jan 24, 2021 at 6:18pm   •  0 likes

Another couple of weeks and still no response ... unless you count their closing my case without responding as a response. I did not consent to these charges, and given that I've gone over and above to communicate the last six weeks, it's clearly not an oversight at this point and it is hard to consider this anything but theft. I need this resolved in the next few days or things will become rather expensive for all involved.

on Jan 25, 2021 at 10:12am   •  0 likes

@Douglas Carl Send over the case number and we'll escalate.
Please email to Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Jan 27, 2021 at 1:24am   •  0 likes

Case number has been sent.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 5:33am   •  0 likes

Who can I contact for billing issues? ive been trying to get a hold of someone on the phone and it has been impossible. Ive been way over charged for services i haven't used.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 7:01am   •  0 likes

@Kayley Torres I see an open case regarding your issue.
You can work with support directly with case number 12034340

on Dec 8, 2020 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

Hello @Douglas Carl, we can coordinate this issue with your Account Manager. I would suggest send us your account detail to community.support@ringcentral.com. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

on Dec 22, 2020 at 9:06am   •  0 likes

It has been some days since I did this, and still have not heard back.

on Dec 22, 2020 at 9:55am   •  0 likes

Apologies, we've sent an email to your Account Manager. They will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.

on Dec 28, 2020 at 5:34pm   •  0 likes

20 days later, still no response.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 6:36am   •  0 likes

Still no response to my voice or e-mail

on Dec 29, 2020 at 9:01am   •  0 likes

@Douglas Carl, we'll follow up with them and request they contact you ASAP. Sorry about this delay.

1 Answer
answered on Jan 12, 2021 at 12:09pm  

Another example of HORRIBLE customer service!!!!

answered on Jan 12, 2021 at 10:00am  

I am dealing with this now for three weeks and have had to deal with this every year we are with RingCEntral. They do not consult me, do not ask my needs, increase the rate by hundreds of dollars for the same services as the year before without approval or explanation. When I call I leave numerous emails, VM's, no one is ever available. Finally get my account manager, Veronica Gapuz, I am dismissed, told this is the right amount even though it is nearly double last year, told I just don't want to pay for my services which isn't true; I just don't want to pay double for the same services as last year. I email and ask for a higher level supervisor, am told no that she has the account and charges correct, I ask again in another email, never responds back, I email again, no response, call, no response, call again, told I have an appt, no one calls during appt time, email for the 4th time, ask again for a higher level manager, get a call from Veronica's coworker...we will see what happens now.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 10:45am   •  0 likes

@Patricia Thorn Kish If you have created a case, please share the case number with us via email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we will assist further.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:07am   •  0 likes

I'm sure I do have a long case # but I do not know it.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:29am   •  0 likes

@Patricia Thorn Kish I have been in touch with the agent managing your case - she indicated you asked for a call back today at 8 PM or tomorrow at 2:00 PM.
Please continue to work with this agent. If you are not able to connect with this agent, please let me know so I can follow up with them.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:32am   •  0 likes

I have asked multiple times for Veronica's manager/supervisor, she has refused to transfer me. She is now finally transferring me to her co-worker whom she refers to as her superior, which I know she isn't. Maria is stating that Veronica's manager will not be available until the end of the week. I said can wait to speak with a higher level manager.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:37am   •  0 likes

Becky, I would prefer to work with you, might I please have a phone # or ext to reach you?

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:39am   •  0 likes

I appreciate that, @Patricia Thorn Kish. But unfortunately, I'm not on the billing team and can't do anything but facilitate.
But I'm happy to do that.
Again, please shoot an email to the Community email address I shared above.
We'll be sure to forward that to the appropriate team and keep our eye on it.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:41am   •  0 likes

Of course, you cannot help. I get it. Same story.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:50am   •  0 likes

It's just very frustrating. I can empathize with Douglas' plight!

on Jan 12, 2021 at 11:42am   •  0 likes

That's not what I said. I said I can keep my eye on it, but I'm not on the billing team.
Again, encourage you to shoot us an email so we can forward it to leadership and assist further.

on Jan 12, 2021 at 10:13am   •  -1 likes

Sorry to hear that, sounds like I may not have much to look forward to, aside from jumping through more hoops. If they double the amount for a plan then they should require your approval. I really don't see how they can increase charges through autorenew; we agree to pay a price for a service, not be billed any amount they later decide. Keep us posted, as will I.

answered on Dec 22, 2020 at 9:04am  

It has been some days since I did this, and still have not heard back.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us