News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to play temporary message infront of IVR
Tags: multi-level ivr
Aug 13, 2020 at 7:27am   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
keith-w

How do play a message prior to playing the IVR menu? e.g., we are closed unexpectedly for day, and i want to play a message stating that we are closed today because of ..... then present the standard IVR menu to them. I don't want to have keep recording the IVR menu.

4 Answers
answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 11:03am  

Thanks Patti, yes, that is what we ended up having to do. But it is very clucky and not user friendly. It would be nice to be able to "daisy chain" individual messages together before requiring varies key presses. My old VOIP provider had that ability and it was very powerful when we needed to change and/or insert temporary messages into the flow before the IVR.

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 9:43am  

Hello Keith.

I am new to RC and just setting up our phone system. I do not know if your question was answered to your satisfaction but on occasion we want to be play a message before the our Main IVR kicks in without having to re-record our Main IVR so what I did was create an "Announcement IVR" that has just one key press option which I set to go to our Main IVR. (I do not see a way to automatically go from the message the Main IVR.)

I then recorded a message like "Our offices are temporarily closed. To continue press 1; otherwise please call back." I then point our main number to this "Announcement IVR". When we re-open I just point the main number back to our Main IVR.

Yes, it would great to be able to insert recording before the an IVR plays, but since that is not a feature, this option works for us.

answered on Aug 17, 2020 at 7:21am  

Thanks, but we prefer to record a human voice prompt. My previous VOIP provider had this basic feature. You could record a message to automatically play before your IVR menu of choices.

I just spoke to support, and RC does NOT provide this feature. Which is crazy to me. They said i have re-record the the primary prompt each time. They should have a feature to be able to play a simple outgoing message without having to re-record the main prompts.

answered on Aug 13, 2020 at 8:54am  

You can use the "Text to Speech" in your IVR menu setting.

Let me know if this helps.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us