News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How do you test the system for "after hours" or "closed" times during the day?
Tags: company hours, after hours
Jan 28, 2021 at 11:36am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Patti Woodward

Hello

We are trying to test the after hours (closed) flow of our phone setup but when we change the Company hours, Queues hours and even the Users hours, to a time earlier than the current time, the phone system is still in day time (open) mode.

So how is one supposed to accomplished this? It's obvious, the Company hours do not take the highest precedent.

This is extremely frustrating and time consuming and we cannot find documentation on this either.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 9:50am   •  0 likes

Hello. I was able to answer my question for our situation. I was use using a single IVR when I needed to use a multiple IVR. Once I switched to multiple, I was able to get our phones working the way we wanted and I was able test the closing messages and design flow by changing the closing times.

This worked seamlessly for multiple IVRs but have no idea why that wouldn't work for the single IVR .

Thanks for feedback.

2 Answers
answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 9:23am  

If you have an IVR set up - under the General Settings/IVR - there's Custom Time you can add:

1612286443654.png

Are you stating that even with altering/adding a custom time, the IVR ignores it?

We used the Custom times to test the IVR - just setting it close in time, and then setting an alarm on our watch to make sure we didn't miss the cutoff! (sometimes shiny things get in the way, right?)

* - I added the numbers at the front since RC alphas the rule sets - made it easier to follow.

That's how we did it, hope that helps.

answered on Jan 28, 2021 at 2:10pm  

Hi Patti,

Instead of changing the hours, change the business days depending on what day is today.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us