News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Email notifications for voicemails received from outside show "Error" on builtin mp3 player in macOS Mojave Mail App
Tags: voicemail
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:26pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
sonja-wadman
Just went live on RC with ported number on 1/20/2020. Am using Mail app in macOS. Have turned on email notifications with transcribed text and audio recordings.

Mail app has a built in mp3 player that shows play/stop and sound level controls, and how long the audio is. 

Email notifications from RC regarding changes to the account play fine in the Mail app.

Email notifications from RC with voicemail from incoming calls show Error instead of the iconic triangular play button. But you can download and play from the Macs desktop the mp3 file from the same email that shows Error, so the mp3 file is ok.

If use webmail to look at the email, can also download the mp3 there as well. 

If look at same email on another Mac with Mojave Mail app also has same Error issue. 

Have US RC account. Using macOS Mojave latest updates 10.14.6. Affects one user but only have one user account (small non-profit), so affects all users.

on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:37pm   •  0 likes
Hmm, this is a tricky one Sonja. I would open a case with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what is going on: 

on Jan 31, 2020 at 1:28pm   •  0 likes
Forgot to mention that if you login to RC portal, and go to voicemails, they are all there and work as well... just in case anyone was wondering.
on Dec 21, 2020 at 8:25am   •  0 likes

Any update on this?

on May 1, 2020 at 8:43am   •  0 likes
I have this issue as well and it's killing me - Would you please direct me to a solution?

2 Answers
answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:36pm  

I tried reaching out to RingCentral about this and have submitted a bug to Apple as well however neither has provided a solution yet.

It looks like we can either have Voicemail to text turned on, or we can have playback of voicemails in the body of the email message, we can't have both.

I did find a quick workaround though that is pretty good. Move your cursor to the grey line separating the subject line/to field at the top of the email and click the Paperclip icon that shows up. From there choose "Quick Look."

screen-shot-2021-02-02-at-123248-pm.png

answered on Dec 21, 2020 at 8:28am  

I called tech support mult times and they had no clue and wasted a lot of time. I went through RC multiple times on settings with my staff and noticed that RingCentral has a problem when Transcribing Voicemails to Email option is selected. Uncheck that box and the problem is solved.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us