News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do I enable the conference group setting to an account?
Tags: rest api
Feb 14, 2021 at 4:49pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
Joel Estrellado

Hello, I added a new account with a new number on my admin portal. I'm using the RingCentral embeddable widget dialer. In the browser console, I'm getting this error: Conference group is not set for current account - it's posting data to this endpoint https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/conferencing. I'm getting a 503 Service unavailable. My other 2 users don't have this issue except for the new account.

I can't seem to find how to enable this account with the conference group setting.

Anyone seen this before?

TIA

5 Answers
answered on Feb 15, 2021 at 12:13pm  

I've just tested with the extension and I'm still getting the same 503 exception - Conference group is not set for current account . On the widget I'm getting a new message in yellow notification - it says Your extension is not allowed to make outbound calls with browser currently, please contact your account representative for an upgrade. <-- this message is new. And then in green notification, Web phone registered. I don't see anything in the portal admin to enable something like that - unless it's something new. TIA

answered on Feb 15, 2021 at 11:36am  

Interesting, when the app got approved - it didn't require that permission previously, plus this is RingCentral embeddable widget phone dialer app. However adding a new extension to use the app - somehow started having that error. I'm in production now and would not want to disrupt that that this week to get requalified for approval if I clone to another client Id. I would appreciate it if you can update the existing app in production to have that missing permission. Thanks! lmk - so that I can test it with the new extension. Thanks again!

on Feb 15, 2021 at 11:54am   •  0 likes

Added. Pls try and let me know if it works. I am not sure what you do with this within the RC embeddable. Do you call this API from your code in a different app or from the embeddable?

answered on Feb 15, 2021 at 11:27am  

Not sure why you got that error message. But here is the thing.

1. The endpoint supports only PUT method (not POST) so you can update the conferencing.

2. The endpoint request the "Edit Extensions" app permission and your app does not have that permission.

3. Your app is on production now so you cannot directly add the missing permission to that app. Do you want to clone the app, add the missing permission and test on your sandbox before graduate your app to the production? Or, do you want me to add the missing permission to that app?

answered on Feb 15, 2021 at 8:19am  

my bad, it's the extension that doesn't have the correct setting. The app's client id is jsc6vNG-S5-hwyBN5r_djQ. thanks for the response!

answered on Feb 15, 2021 at 8:14am  

What is your app client id?

BTW, what you refer to is an extension, not an account. This this way: Account is your company and user extensions are your employees.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us