News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
My Plantronics Voyager 5200/Explorer 500 are Auto Answering Calls on a Galaxy S10. How can I disable/troubleshoot?
Tags: hardware
Oct 23, 2020 at 8:31am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Thomas Rawl

I've installed the PLT Hub application and disabled auto answer. It is still happening ONLY in the RingCentral application. Regular cell phone calls do not auto answer. I even disabled all of the "sensors" on the 5200 and it sill answers calls. It will even answer a new call and disconnect a current call.

Thank you!

on Feb 18, 2021 at 3:03pm   •  1 likes

Wondering if the resolution for this can be posted here. I have a user experiencing the same thing.

on Oct 23, 2020 at 1:48pm   •  0 likes

Hello @Thomas Rawl. We want to know more. I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will investigate it further. Thank you!

1 Answer
answered on Feb 22, 2021 at 5:21am  

I was only able to "fix" the issue by getting a new 5200. Other Plantronics headsets (Explorer 500, Marque 2, M90, etc...) did not exhibit this behavior. Even after a phone upgrade this particular 5200 continued to auto answer. I borrowed a few other 5200's and none of them behaved the same way. I purchased a new one and it works as expected. I will note, the original headset was new, not a refurb, and was about 6 months old when we moved to RingCentral. This issue did NOT occur before installing the RingCentral app and only occurred with RingCentral calls, not cellular calls.

Good luck!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us