News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Extensions on Voicemail
Tags: voicemail, extension
Feb 23, 2021 at 4:16pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Ace Monroe

I would like to be able to set up my voicemail (Not the Greeting) so that I can give them the option of choosing an extension. The example would be. "I am out of the office right now, if you want to talk to Bob choose extension 201, to Carol choose extension 203." -or- "Our office is now closed to leave a message press #, to get our hours press 201, our street address 202..."

on May 6, 2021 at 11:15am   •  0 likes

@Ace Monroe, did you ever set this up? We are looking to do the same thing but still having the option to leave a message on that extension if the caller chooses to.

2 Answers
answered on Feb 24, 2021 at 9:22am  

Depending on the level of your account, one MacGyver'd way would be to not take a message on that extension, but rather send the caller to the 'Connect Directly to a Group' --> creating an IVR to do the prompts and route accordingly.

In the Users Messages, take the check out of the Enable for Take Messages, and in the pull-down, choose the 'Connect Directly...'

Of course you have to have the IVR created first before you can select it. :)

Possible answer/workaround.

Have fun.

answered on Feb 24, 2021 at 7:45am  

Hi @Ace Monroe, you can setup a Message-Only extension and assign the user extensions on each. However, it will not provide the same extension number as the user. Please check on this KB Article https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4491.html

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us