News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Archiver using SFTP server on Synology Diskstation
Tags: integrations, sftp
Feb 26, 2021 at 8:39pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Brandon Poindexter

We are trying to use a Synology DiskStation running an SFTP server as the storage back end for RingCentral Archiver. It's not going well. Often times call recordings are listed as having failed to archive even after multiple retries. I can't get RingCentral to give us any kind of more specific error logging to try to determine the cause.

What SFTP servers are you all using, and how good is the reliability?

3 Answers
answered on Mar 2, 2021 at 5:30pm  

Tech support is suggesting we disconnect and reconnect the archiver. We’ve done this several times as well.

I am looking through the server logs on my SFTP server and not finding evidence of failed uploads, yet the Archiver screen is showing me failed uploads. The problem is on RingCentral’s end and it needs to be looked at.

I should not have to program my own archiver app to achieve basically reliable operation.

answered on Mar 2, 2021 at 5:38pm  

Tech support is suggesting we disconnect and reconnect the Archiver. We have done this multiple times already and I have no intention of doing it again. This is NOT a solution.

I’m looking through my SFTP server logs and finding no evidence of failed connections or failed uploads at the times I see my failed upload in the Archiver’s interface. There is no evidence of a problem on my end. The problem is on RingCentral’s end, and the department that built and coded this integration needs to be looking into this.

on Mar 3, 2021 at 7:21am   •  0 likes

@Brandon Poindexter, was your ticket closed after they advised you to disconnect/reconnect?

answered on Mar 1, 2021 at 7:05am  

answered on Mar 1, 2021 at 12:56pm  

I've been through this multiple times at this point. My configuration is correct.

I've been through that document mutliple times. My service is configured correctly from the firewall end of things.

on Mar 1, 2021 at 2:09pm   •  0 likes

Please reach out to our Technical Support so they can check on it. All of our Support numbers can be found here. You may also open a support case online here.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us