News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Regularly Freezing on Mac
Tags: ringcentral app, ringcentral app, video
Feb 2, 2021 at 10:04pm   •   6 replies  •  3 likes
Adam Petterson

I've had ongoing issues with RingCentral freezing regularly whilst commencing a video call and often whilst screen sharing This requires me to force quit the app to get out of the locked screen.

I'm on a Mac running the latest version of Big Sur and the current version of ring central. .
I have an active ticket with Ring Central who have acknowledged the issue and have no fix.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

on Mar 15, 2021 at 10:16am   •  0 likes

This is happening to me as well. It's absurdly annoying. When can this be escalated? I don't have this problem with Zoom.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 4:29pm   •  0 likes

Happening to me too. We are a corporate customer and I'm escalating with IT

on Feb 15, 2021 at 10:55am   •  0 likes

My coworker had an issue where it would freeze every time she tried to share her screen. We did a full uninstall (including hidden files in Library), checked permissions, checked firewall, calling RC and Apple. Turned out the issue was the most random of all, it was the Do Not Disturb setting of the Mac itself. Somehow it was interfering with RC meetings, most particularly screen sharing. This setting is built in to keep your mac from ringing or making noise when your attached iPhone rings or gets messages. Apple is actually the one that told her to turn this off when she called for support, since RC couldn't figure it out, and she said it fixed the issue.

UPDATE: Turns out this did not fix the issue after all. My coworker still has the issues, and RC now told her it is a known compatibility issue with Big Sur that they are now working on. It only affects the RingCentral Meetings option, and not the RingCentral Video option.

2 Answers
answered on Mar 24, 2021 at 10:06am  

We are having the exact same issue with our mac users that have updated to big sur. RC meetings freezes. RC video is not an option as there are features that we use that are not in video. We have found that if you do a log out and log back in it seems to work, but this has to be done each meeting. It is not a fix or even an adequate work around. Basically Ring Central you are telling your mac customers to just move to Zoom meetings since you dont seem to care to fix this issue.

I am experiencing the same issue with my users that have upgraded to big sur. It is maddening that it does this. We have found that if you log out and log back in to the meeting it allows you to then share your screen and it works. This is not a solution, or even an adequate work around. You are basically telling me and my users to just stop using your product and get Zoom accounts that work. Nice job Ring Central.

answered on Mar 16, 2021 at 7:48am  

Hi all,

Alex is correct, this is a known compatibility issue that is being investigated. It only affects RingCentral Meetings and not RingCentral Video. If you open a case regarding this issue, please mention RCM-8517 and your case will be attached to the known issue ticket. When there is a resolution, you will get a notification.

on Apr 21, 2021 at 12:30pm   •  1 likes

We have a support case open (12658703) where your team is telling us there is a problem with RC Video and BigSur. RC Video was working fine in March. RC's April 2021 release seems to have broken something.

answered on Feb 18, 2021 at 7:53am  

I was told by an RC support person that there is known compatibility issues with Big Sur. No ETA on a fix unless someone can post one here. I'm not 100% the above Do Not Disturb fix is for this compatibility. Will need to let RC comment.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us