News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can a host leave a RingCentral meeting without ending the meeting?
Tags: meetings
Feb 5, 2020 at 12:47pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
jeffrey-murphy
One of our users is planning on conducting multi-hour interview that will involve multiple interviewers. She is the host and will start the meeting. After 30 minutes the next interviewer will login to the meeting and start. Is it possible for the host to leave the meeting without ending the meeting?
on Apr 27, 2021 at 2:40pm   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager, I have completed your ask. Thanks.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 3:25pm   •  0 likes

Thanks, @Conner Kay!

on Feb 5, 2020 at 1:30pm   •  1 likes
Hi Jeffrey,

I hope you are having an excellent day. Yes you can do it and it is fairly simple. You can look at this help file to find the answers you seek ( https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/10668-RingCentral-Meetings-Desktop-Assign-New-Host-Co-Host?language=en_US).

Just a bit of information though. If the person who coordinated the meeting transfers host to another user and then leaves the meeting they need to be mindful to not start another meeting with their account. We have found that this will kick the users out of the already existing meeting or they will receive notification that they cannot start another meeting.

Best of Luck,
Dennis Kyle
Positive Results (RingCentral Partner)
on Feb 13, 2020 at 1:15pm   •  0 likes
Thank you Dennis. This was a big help!
1 Answer
answered on Apr 22, 2021 at 11:18am  

"Just a bit of information though. If the person who coordinated the meeting transfers host to another user and then leaves the meeting they need to be mindful to not start another meeting with their account. We have found that this will kick the users out of the already existing meeting or they will receive notification that they cannot start another meeting."

Will this ever be fixed? I facilitate quite a few back to back meetings throughout my days as a Project Manager and it's quite frustrating when not using my Personal Room ID, that even when I assign a co-host, leave, and start my next meeting, it closes out the first meeting. This is irritating when having a team huddle where the team wants to finish discussing an item and I have to hop to another meeting. They then have to rejoin or recreate their own new meeting. It would make sense if using your personal room ID in this manner, but separate room links really shouldn't do this. Other communication programs I've used in the past have not seemed to have this issue.

Not to bump this old thread, but I am noting this here because I was looking up this exact issue.

on Apr 23, 2021 at 11:27am   •  0 likes

Hey, @Conner Kay - thanks for bumping the thread.
We have an idea for this in the Ideas Portal. Please add your vote and any other details in the comments.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us