News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
.NET SDK Failing To Authorize
Tags: sdk
May 18, 2021 at 8:36am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
prospect-health

As of 6th May 2021, our RingCentral CRM integration stopped working. The integration is providing click to dial and screen popping capabilities within the Access RDB CRM software. This is a custom plugin that has been developed for us .

After speaking with our developer, they have advised that the issue has occurred due to changes made by RingCentral surrounding the authorization within the .NET SDK. The plugin is using the 2.0.2 version of the .NET SDK. The plugin is now unable to authorize with RingCentral so it no longer works.

Is anybody aware of any changes relating to this that may have been made around 6th May that could cause this type of plugin to suddenly stop being able to authorize? The plugin has been working fine for the previous 12 months. The assumption is that, as there have been no changes to the plugin or any of the authorization credentials on our end, the changes must have occurred from RingCentral.

Please can somebody advise on what the underlying issue is likely to be here and what the best route is to fix it? Not having this feature means that making simple phone calls is now a time consuming task for our users. Please let me know, if any specific, additional details would be useful.

1621352066238.png

1621352143494.png

on May 18, 2021 at 11:44am   •  0 likes

For anybody working at RingCentral can I ask why, when I logged this issue through RingCentral support, I got no response after a week even after following up several times, whereas I got the correct solution within 30 minutes after posting the issue on the forums? Surely, having someone from support asking me to check the TLS version would have been trivially easy to do?

2 Answers
answered on Sep 27, 2021 at 1:28pm  

What did you end up doing to resolve this? I also can't authenticate using the SDK and your announcement doesn't really explain anything on what to do for people using .NET and the NuGet package for the SDK. I've updated my SDK package. It worked for a bit and then stopped again.

what is what I keep getting

Content: {

"error" : "unauthorized_client",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-251",

"message" : "Unauthorized for this grant type"

} ],

"error_description" : "Unauthorized for this grant type"

}

on Sep 27, 2021 at 3:22pm   •  0 likes

This error message "Unauthorized for this grant type" is different and it is about the app grant type. What is the platform type of your app. The code used in the original question is for login an app with password flow auth. Check your app platform type if it is "Server only-No UI" app.

answered on May 18, 2021 at 9:06am  

I believe that the problem is related to the change in supporting TLS 1.2. We have sent notification to developers and posted here in this forum. Please ask your developer to read this announcement and take action accordingly.

on May 18, 2021 at 11:41am   •  0 likes

Thanks very much for responding with this so quickly, Phong Vu. That was what was causing the issues for us. We have now been able to update the plugin and we are no longer experiencing these issues.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us