News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to derive (internal) Site ID for IVR Menu creation
Tags: rest api
May 20, 2021 at 8:55am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Brian Smith

I'm currently trying to create top-level IVR Menus and bind them to specific Sites via a REST API call to https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/ivr-menus

One issue I'm facing is trying to derive the proper internal ID for the Site, which is to be specified as a parameter to the creation call. I've scoured the API reference documents, but can't seem to locate a proper GET call which can return a collection of sites and their respective IDs. The closest I've found is the restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension endpoint, and specify the extension number for the site. Ironically this doesn't return the Site ID, but if I specify the extension of an existing top-level IVR menu that is already bound to a Site, this /extension endpoint will return a site object with all the site details.

Unfortunately this won't help me in this scenario, since that is what I'm attempting to achieve, IVR Menu creation and association to an existing Site entity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

2 Answers
answered on May 20, 2021 at 10:03am  

Awesome, thanks Phong! Here's the easiest question you'll get all day: where in the API Reference doc at https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/ did you find that?

on May 20, 2021 at 10:44am   •  1 likes

This API is an internal API and we are on the process to make it public. That is why you would not find it from the API reference.

answered on May 20, 2021 at 9:52am  

You can use this endpoint to read sites info from your account "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/sites".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us