News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
My desktop ringcentral app doesn't work well with my Plantronics Voyager Focus UC.
Tags: headset
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:50am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
sinkoff
My desktop voip ringcentral app (version 9.1.6.27106) doesn't work well with my Plantronics Voyager Focus UC. The headset works perfectly with the RingCentral for meetings, just not with the desktop app for the phone. I have tried with both the dongle and direct bluetooth connection to my Dell XPS laptop running Win 10 (latest version). The connection with direct bluetooth connection is all staticy or breaks up and my customers complain about it.  With the dongle, it is excellent, but the app crashes all the time, and does some crazy stuff.  The headset works perfectly with my cell phone and through the meetings app, but not with the voip phone app.  RingCentral can't seem to fix this issue and it is bad enough that I am considering changing systems (not headsets). Does anyone have a similar situation and perhaps a fix?
5 Answers
answered on May 20, 2021 at 10:37am  

I'm having this exact issue! My headset works well on my desktop for everything except Ring Central Calls. Customers tell me that I sound extremely quiet, and I constantly have to switch to my mobile device. Has there been a solution to this issue since 2018??

answered on Jan 7, 2019 at 8:04am  

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-01-07 Please follow our progress as we track this issue for use of Bluetooth Headsets with RingCentral Desktop and Mobile Apps - they are aware this issue is hobbling many many users and are working towards a better solution

http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/faq/headsets.html

answered on Jan 5, 2019 at 12:37pm  
I have the the same Voyager Focus headset ("pretty much the best money can buy" from what I was told when I bought it) and it worked pretty well with my iphone but when i switched to a droid it got really ugly! Every time i want to use the headset with the RC App on my new phone, the Note9 Samsung, i have to uninstall the RC App and reinstall to pair. It works for a day or so and then i get a call and find my headset is no longer paired. So i call RC Support and the girl tells me i need to uninstall and reinstall the app every time i want to use the headset. Are you kidding me? ? I am so fed up trying to figure this out on my own i need some help or need to find a new VOIP provider. Sounds like they have been having issues with the Best Plantronics headset that is recommended on their website and by their sales reps but its really a let down.  PLT support tells me to call RC and RC tells me to contact PLT. I am about done with both of them! Such a let down

answered on Jan 22, 2018 at 1:13pm  
I am having the same issue. Newly-purchased Voyager UC as recommended. All firmware is up-to-date on the Plantronics side. My desktop software says it's up-to-date (version 9.3.5.28675). Any time the Plantronics Hub software is running and connected, the RingCentral software crashes shortly after. Disabling the Hub software allows the RC software to run, but as mentioned by many, it takes away the features of the Plantronics headset. 

Please provide a solution!

answered on Aug 29, 2017 at 7:03am  
Hello Sinkoff,

I'm curious, does this occur with another headset? Or is it just the Voyager?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us