News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
In Admin Portal - Reusing phone/number of terminated employee for their replacement
Tags: new
Dec 16, 2022 at 11:47am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Gloria Tucker

We are a small company with very low turnover; so, I haven't had to do this since we got on the RC platform. I need to use an existing phone/number from a terminated employee for a new hire. I need instructions - Google search and RC University aren't giving me answers I can use.

on Dec 16, 2022 at 2:17pm   •  0 likes

@Gloria Tucker Does this article help with what you're trying to achieve?
https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/admin/adding-setting-up-users.html

1 Answer
answered on Dec 22, 2022 at 2:40pm  

What we ended up doing was creating a free mobile user with the name of the new staff member, as we (at first) needed to keep the glip/msg/text from the old user intact.

On the old user, we prepended the extension with a 9 - one so we'd know since we don't have any extensions in the 90000 range (we use 4 digits) - and also to move it to the bottom of the user list.

On the new user, go into the Phone, and reassign them the old RC number - this moves the license (from mobile -> MVP) and allows you to then provision the phone/edit gui/assign same (new) extension,etc.

Overall, we signed with RingClone for archiving all of the RC traffic - and it allowed us to keep the user list cleaned up as well.

That type of answer?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us