question

Gloria Tucker avatar image
Gloria Tucker asked Joe Cache answered

In Admin Portal - Reusing phone/number of terminated employee for their replacement

We are a small company with very low turnover; so, I haven't had to do this since we got on the RC platform. I need to use an existing phone/number from a terminated employee for a new hire. I need instructions - Google search and RC University aren't giving me answers I can use.

new
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Gloria Tucker Does this article help with what you're trying to achieve?
https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/admin/adding-setting-up-users.html

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered

What we ended up doing was creating a free mobile user with the name of the new staff member, as we (at first) needed to keep the glip/msg/text from the old user intact.

On the old user, we prepended the extension with a 9 - one so we'd know since we don't have any extensions in the 90000 range (we use 4 digits) - and also to move it to the bottom of the user list.

On the new user, go into the Phone, and reassign them the old RC number - this moves the license (from mobile -> MVP) and allows you to then provision the phone/edit gui/assign same (new) extension,etc.

Overall, we signed with RingClone for archiving all of the RC traffic - and it allowed us to keep the user list cleaned up as well.

That type of answer?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app