Skip to main content

When a user sets the phone to "Do not disturb" the Option for "Accept queue calls" disappears. Question: With which API call can I read out the value of this option ("Accept queue calls") - especially when the user is in the status "Do not disturb")?

Note: My app should be able to change the presence status of a user. To "restore" the previous values I need to change the presence status to the correct value ("TakeAllCalls" or "DoNotAcceptDepartmentCalls") as was before (before the status was changed to "Do not disturb"). I couldn't find a API call which can read this value.

To read members' status on a call queue, call the call queue presence API (check the Read Call Queue Members Status section).

Setting the DnD of a user extension to "DoNotAcceptDepartmentCalls" will change the member status of that user on all call queues it belongs to.

As you describe it this won't scale.

What I need is 1 API call to read out if the flag "Accept queue calls" was active or not. When you manually set the presence status to "DND" and then back to "Available" again the option "Accept queue calls" is restored (as it was before setting to DND).

If, like you suggested, I have to test alle the queues and read out the "call queue presence" this results in many API calls. And because of the rate limit this does not work and not scale.

What is needed is 1 API call to get the value of "Accept queue calls" and 1 API call to set that value.

Question: What exactly happens when you manually set the option "Accept queue calls" to "not active"? Especially what happens when you have manually logged out from one queue and are still logged in in another queue?