Skip to main content
I'm getting this error while trying to Update Call Recording Settings
Exception: In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditAccounts] permission

SDK HTTP Error at https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/call-recording Response text: { "errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions", "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditAccounts] permission", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "CMN-401", "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditAccounts] permission", "permissionName" : "EditAccounts" } ], "permissionName" : "EditAccounts"
}

I don't see anything called "EditAccounts" what left is Glip, Internal Messages, Meetings

I think you login with a standard user credentials and try to read call recording settings at the account level. Can you double check is the user has the admin role or try again with the main company log in credentials.

+ Phong
I'm super admin.

So no progress on this for over two years. Why don't just show the EditAccounts permission during App creation like the rest, especially when it is needed in many cases?

"Edit account" permission is advanced permission that you will not see in App creation. You need to contact Dev support team with your app's Client ID and they will add on behalf of you.

This is what Dev support team informed me when I had similar issue