Skip to main content

I am building a RingCentral application on a server that for security purposes will not take any POST/GET variables other than a specified one. When I try to authenticate, the response url which contains the code as a query string variable with the variable name "code", causes my server to stop the script from running. I would like to change the variable name in the response url that contains the authorization code. Is this possible? Can it be done using response_type? RingCentral specifies on the API that response_type must be set to "code" so I'm not sure. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

The parameter named "code" is a required field in the OAuth 2.0 standard, IETF RFC 6749, so it is commonly used and accepted.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.1.2

The behavior of your server sounds odd. Is this logic part of your own application code or a framework you are using? Do you know why it does this and whether the logic be changed?
The logic is part of a framework I am using and it cannot be changed.  I imagine it is to protect the server from attacks hidden in GET/POST requests.
What are my options?